Azure table storage error: One of the request inputs is not valid

Lately I often work with Azure table storage. However I had to deal with a lot of different "{number}:One of the request inputs is not valid" exceptions.

I did not find a collection that related the error number with a fault so I start creating my own collection here.

0:One of the request inputs is not valid.

Occured when used characters in my partition key / row key. There are limitations on the characters that you can use. For instance / and \ are not allowed. For the details see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd179338 section "Characters Disallowed in Key Fields"

2:One of the request inputs is not valid.

Occurred when working with Azure batch operations. When you include in one batch two table entities with the same partitionkey and rowkey then you will get this error.

Solution: Validate that within one batch there are not multiple the same partition / row keys



8:One of the request inputs is not valid.\

Occurred when working with Azure batch operations. When you include in one batch two table entities with the same partitionkey and rowkey then you will get this error.


Solution: Validate that within one batch there are not multiple the same partition / row keys

36:One of the request inputs is out of range.

There was a character in the row key that was not allowed. Row keys have a limited character set. Currently I replace the following characters for row and partition keys
  • /
  • \
  • #
  • ?
  •  (space)
  • -
  • (tab)
  • (newline)
  • '
  • :



...  Will be continued ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think the numbers in the error message actually correspond to the index of the item in the batch where the error occurred.

Your blog post did solve my problem though by making me realise I had 2 items in my batch with same PK/RK, so thanks!
Anonymous said…
This post saved my day.
Thank you so much.

Popular posts from this blog

System.Net.Http dll version problems

SharePoint Survey Back Button

How to set up AD FS for a development machine